Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday the 13th!

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!!!


I'm not going to stay on here long as I need to get to bed soon..Long day tom. with a wedding & senior shoot. If your images from your session aren't up yet, they will be up very soon...we are just about caught up.

Can y'all believe how cold it is right now!?!?! But hey...at least we got a little bit of rain...hopefully we won't still work cows this wkend since it's still supposed to be rainy/cold & Mom is out of town..... I don't mind working cows...really I don't....in fact I enjoy it...unless I get stuck being the only girl against my Dad, Brother & Hubby....I like having a little actual Help on the shoot...and since that's mine & Mom's job...when they fill in for her...it's...ummm...intersting. OHHHHH Yeah.....The funniest thing happened last Sunday. We had a calf that couldn't nurse (not the funny part) so we had to put Momma Cow in the shoot to milk her and get the baby eating.....well apparently this was one of our "reindeer" cows (we have a few that like to try to "fly" out of the shoot when they are closed in). So we got her in the end of the shoot with a pipe behind her & a piece of plywood (which had apparently been in the rain/weather too long) on the end of the shoot in front of her and we backed the "buggy" up to the plywood to hold it in place....well she picked that time to "fly" into the bed of the buggy...she was entirely in the bed of it...I sooo wish I had had my camera...I almost took it down there but it was just the 3 of us (Dad, Hubby & ME) so I didn't take it since we would all be needed...but on the other hand at that point in time my camera would have been in the bed of the buggy so maybe it's a good thing it didn't go...lol. She then flipped herself out of the buggy onto the ground and we had to re-pen her. After all was said & done she finally fed her baby and I'm happy to report Mom & Baby are doing just fine.
Here's the Mom & Baby:


Here's the buggy she jumped into:


This kinda shows how tall the fence is (Jerry aka Hubby is standing by fence & he's about 5'10):


Heading back to the house after we finished:


Well...that ended up being a longer story than I planned for...so with that I'll leave you to enjoy your wkend!
I hope everyone has a great wkend!

No comments: