Thursday, May 29, 2008

5/28/08 -Update on building

Let me just say....I'm tired....I can't wait until the remodel is done and I can relax a little.  We have been going to Sweeny every night after work to work on the building...trying to get it ready to open.


I have a banner hanging in the front window as a temp. sign.



We finally narrowed down the paint color choice from these:



to....well.... you will just have to attend the grand opening to see the final color selection


As of last night:


The city Electrical Permit guy has been and checked the electrical work we had done and said it looked fine to him.  YEAH!!!!


Johnie & Jerry got the door turned so it opens OUT.



The guys took down the "Magic Nails" signs for me.



Jerry & I finished installing the ADA handrails in the restroom.


We installed the smoke detectors in all the rooms & rehung the fire extinguishers & put signs with them.


We cleaned the walls in the front room getting it ready to paint.  Oh and we bought the primer & paint so hopefully if all goes as planned we can start painting this wkend.


Last night we put up all the celing tiles that were not messed up in some way (have to go buy more....have I mentioned that I HATE going to Lowes, Home Depot and any other hardware store???  if not...well I HATE it!  )  Oh and earlier in the wk, the guys adjusted the wires holding the ceiling so that it was level all the way across instead of drooping in the center (while I ran around the room for them holding the laser level reader for them).



This is what it looked like as of when we left the building last night.  It's getting there.





Now I'm waiting on the city guys to come and tell me if I've done everything to their specs to get my occupancy so I can really get hard & heavy to open.

No comments: